Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
DeLuca Roofing Inc. is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises. Fees will not be charged for support persons
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities who have hired DeLuca Roofing Inc. for a roof repair or replacement will be contacted via a phone call or in person.
DeLuca Roofing Inc. will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be placed at 4-1038 Cooke Blvd., Burlington, Ontario, Canada, L7T 4A8, on the DeLuca Roofing Inc. phone message system, 905-631-0961 or on our website: www.delucaroofing.ca depending on the circumstance.
Training for staff
DeLuca Roofing Inc. will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- DeLuca Roofing Inc.’s plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to ask permission if a customer needs assistance with their equipment ie wheelchair or if they need assistance in any other way.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing DeLuca Roofing’s goods and services.
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way DeLuca Roofing Inc. provides goods and services to people with disabilities can phone, email, or visit the office in person.
All feedback will be directed to the Vice-President. Customers can expect to hear back in 14 days.
Complaints will be addressed according to our organization’s regular complaint management procedures.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of DeLuca Roofing Inc. that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.